rj

Checking the Florida Department of State website (
http://www.tinyurl.com/atwbg ) I see in their Articles of Incorporation that
their business activity should be limited to "roofing, siding and gutters."

Additionally, I do NOT find any listing for them as a licensed contractor on
the DBPR website (what is their license #???)
( https://www.myfloridalicense.com/Default.asp )

The following document from myflorida.com gives some good tips (avoid
door-to-door peddlers, etc.)
http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/dbpr/n...home_jan04.pdf

Most importantly, the contract, by law, should have the contractor's license
number on it and you should demand a "Certificate of Insurance" from the
contractor's workman's comp and general liablity carrier. Note the carrier
provides it to you directly upon the contractor's request to them.

Are you still seeking repairs from the '04 storms?

"Doc" wrote in message
nk.net...
For what it's worth, the name of the company is ABC American Building
Contractors - Insurance Restoration Services, Inc. According to the

field
rep who I talked to, they're supposedly a national company. Anyone ever
heard of / dealt with them? I originally heard of them when a guy came
around going through the neighborhood with door hangers.