Duane Bozarth

I've a basic wagner sprayer. Works okay (MUCH better than brush) with
oil-based stains. AFAIK for higher viscosity than the relatively thin
stains, forget it.

Wagner says you can spray latex paint, if you add their special thinner
and use special spray nozzle. An experiment for you, if you wish.

??? The "special thinner" isn't water, by any chance, is it?

All that's required is to get the viscosity right for the nozzle and
having enough "guts" in the gun to spray the material. Many latex
paints aren't sprayable as they come in the container. Whether they can
be thinned enough for a airless gun to have the capability is often
doubtful (and retain decent coverage).

I'm w/ the other guys besides my previous...the small Wagners w/o a
pickup device are simply too small and heavy to be useful for anything
more than the occasional very small piece...they'll do an adequate job
for a fence, but are really imo more trouble than they're worth.

imo, ymmv, $0.02, etc., ...