Duane Bozarth

Dan C wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:45:14 -0500, Duane Bozarth wrote:

From what I heard, this is only one of four of a system that is the
redundant system...

Exactly. Again, with a sensor of this magnitude, more than one backup is
needed. It's that important.

My intent was the reverse...because it is one of four redundant
systems in a backup system, this particular sensor isn't all that
important...

Your intent (and you) are wrong.

How can you demonstrate that other than personal belief? I do not
believe I am wrong based on what NASA said in the news conference that I
saw and their announced decision to fly w/o it...if you have factual
information you can reference that shows an error in what I have said,
I'd be happy to reconsider.