Joseph Meehan

Les wrote:
Planning on buying all new kitchen appliances, since they are all
about 18 yrs old. Currently have a hood over the range that has a
fan and light as part of it. I would like to replace the hood with a
microwave oven over the range.

My condo is 18 yrs old. Can I assume that since I have electricity
with the hood, that the electrical wiring is ample for the microwave,
like the salesman says? Or how can it be tested to make sure that
the current electrical wiring is OK?

Well the wiring is likely sufficient but the question might be what else
is already on the circuit.

It is never a good idea to make any assumptions about electrical work.

I would also advise you to rethink the combo hood-microwave. If
something happens to the microwave, you will never find another to fit the
space. You will pay more for the combo than either alone. The hot space
above the range is not a good spot for a microwave.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit