DAZ9643 DAZ9643 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b
DAZ9643 wrote:
I have a Sharp video recorder that stops playing tapes, at first this
happened after the tape had played for about half an hour but now stops
after only a few seconds. I dont have the model number to hand but it
used to automatically slow down when rewinding or fast forwarding a
tape as it got near the end so as not to harm the tape but this also
stopped working. I don't know if the 2 problems are related. Is there
something that just needs cleaning ?

--
DAZ9643

check first under the two spool tables for dust, just clean what
sensors you find there. how old is the vcr? do you smoke?
-B.

its about 6 years old , i don't smoke but we did have wool carpet fitted which probably has a similar effect.