Junior Member

Default video recorder

I have a Sharp video recorder that stops playing tapes, at first this happened after the tape had played for about half an hour but now stops after only a few seconds. I dont have the model number to hand but it used to automatically slow down when rewinding or fast forwarding a tape as it got near the end so as not to harm the tape but this also stopped working. I don't know if the 2 problems are related. Is there something that just needs cleaning ?
sofie

DAZ9643:
Obviously a model number is needed by anyone trying to offer you specific
repair suggestions.
Based on general VCR faults that could be responsible for the symptoms you
reported I suggest that you test the BOT and EOT detectors and the IR
emitter.... also if your model has reel motion sensors they likewise need
to be tested.
ALWAYS post the model number if you are expecting specific suggestions.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

news

DAZ9643 wrote:
I have a Sharp video recorder that stops playing tapes, at first this
happened after the tape had played for about half an hour but now stops
after only a few seconds. I dont have the model number to hand but it
used to automatically slow down when rewinding or fast forwarding a
tape as it got near the end so as not to harm the tape but this also
stopped working. I don't know if the 2 problems are related. Is there
something that just needs cleaning ?

--
DAZ9643

check first under the two spool tables for dust, just clean what
sensors you find there. how old is the vcr? do you smoke?
-B.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b
DAZ9643 wrote:
I have a Sharp video recorder that stops playing tapes, at first this
happened after the tape had played for about half an hour but now stops
after only a few seconds. I dont have the model number to hand but it
used to automatically slow down when rewinding or fast forwarding a
tape as it got near the end so as not to harm the tape but this also
stopped working. I don't know if the 2 problems are related. Is there
something that just needs cleaning ?

--
DAZ9643

check first under the two spool tables for dust, just clean what
sensors you find there. how old is the vcr? do you smoke?
-B.

its about 6 years old , i don't smoke but we did have wool carpet fitted which probably has a similar effect.