Dick Snyder

Our local library system has one book by Flexner (Understanding
Woodfinishing), two by Jewitt, and one by Dresdner. I will borrow them
(thanks for the idea Patriarch) and see which I want to buy. Sounds like I
really can't go wrong with any of them.

Thanks for all your help. This newsgroup is excellent.

Dick Snyder

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I am looking for a good book to read on wood finishing. I am not trying to
make exotic things that require years of experience. Maybe an example will
help. I made a dresser this winter from oak plywood. I stained it with
Minwax Golden Oak and then put on three coats of low gloss poly to seal it.
I don't like how it looks. The stain brought out the grain too much. I
should have probably appplied some kind of a wood filler something first.

In any case, that is the kind of thing I would like to read about for
now - call it Wood Finishing 101. Do you have any recommendations for me?

TIA.

Dick Snyder