David

Default Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs

"Kev Parkin" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for all the advice, to try and answer some of the questions in
the above posts:

a) There is no shared access

b) The neighbours wall forms the boundary to my property

c) The flues/pipes etc protrude directly from the wall, hence are on
my property

d) There is no garden between the wall and my path

e) The passageway is the only access from the back to the front of the
house for pushchairs, bikes etc, so is used daily

f) I don't know what type of boiler it is - if it's a
combi this would make it worse.

g) There is no fence the wall is the boundary

Once again thanks for the input, I think I'll have a word with him and
then take things further if that doesn't have any success.

Kev

just to throw in some more suggestions to the pot, you may wish to discuss
having the flue / extractor outlets extended with an external stack if
appropriate.

I would certainly expect your neighbour to tell you what the 15mm copper
pipes are for and what they may be discharging.. In fact I would insist on
it.

If they boiler is a condensing type and one of these is a discharge pipe
then there is no option but to get the problem rectified. In fact I
wouldn't be happy no matter what the pipes could potentially discharge, I
would never want them potentially discharging into a regularly used
passageway... get him to pipe them around the corner to his own back garden.

At the end of the day it may create some bad feeling.. you can always give
him the opportunity to lay the blame on whoever carried out the work..

Good luck with this Kev I think we are all interested in the outcome.

all the best

David