mac davis

On 31 Jul 2005 10:34:09 -0700, "foggytown" wrote:

When working with power tools (especially sanders) keep a shallow bowl
nearby with a bit of water and a sponge. Power tools generate wood
dust and, when it gets on the hands, the fingers lose some grip and can
actually become slippery. Not a good thing when you're holding
something razor sharp turning at 8000 RPM.

So every so often just pat the top of the sponge with both hands to get
them moist and rub them together briskly to dry them. You'll have a
lot surer grip on the tool after you do.

FoggyTown

No problem with that here on the left coast.. you wife your hands and forehead
frequently to avoid sweating all over your tools & wood..

I haven't been in my shop for 3 weeks now.. *sigh*
It's been 102 to 108 degrees for the last 23 days and too hot to work.. if there
is a breeze, it might cool off to about 70 by 10 pm.. (normal july temps are
97/60-65)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing