John Rumm

When I did PAT testing this was something I had to test. This was after some
had been found to fail. I personally never found one that failed for this
reason, but it is possible, Perhaps we used better quality ones, I somehow
doubt it.

The failure rate is low but measurable... last time I watched someone
doing a bunch of IEC leads, they found about two or three out of a whole
lab full - so perhaps 300 leads in total. It tends to be the ones that
fall partially out of the socket and then get force applied to the sides
of them. The ones sticking out the back of CROs seem to be prime
candidates.

--
Cheers,

John.