Paul Andrews

Paul Andrews wrote:

"Paul Andrews" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to figure out the bonding for my garage brickwork
(straightforward stretcher bond).

The plans show a corner with the corner forming a pier. In the existing
garage it looks as though there's a half brick running up the corner of

the

wall.

snip

Well, on closer inspection, scraping away some of the mortar, I can see

that
that's exactly what they did - ran a line of quarter bricks up through

the
corner to form the pier. I guess that'll do for me too then..

Use plenty of ties.

Scarp rubble tied together with mortar and ties seems stronger than
properly laid courses without :-)

Good point. I'll add in a few ties as well...

Paul