Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:07:04 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

As has been pointed out, all flexes have to be capable of carrying
somewhat more than 13 amps as a fault condition.

Hum, 0.75mm flex (2192Y type stuff) is 6A rated. This is the very
common two core oval flex, you can get it in 0.5mm 3A as well...

Yes 0.75mm it'll carry 13A and only get a bit warm but a 13A fuse
takes quite a while to blow at twice it's rating and we are now
getting on for 5 times over that of the flex. I'm not convinced that a
13A cartridge fuse will blow before the flex gets rather to hot under
controled overload conditions rather than a dead short.

But then if your flex is damaged, you shouldn't be using the
appliance anyway until properly repaired.

Have you left the real world Dave? B-)

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail