cs

bronkone7 wrote:
Hi All,
As a new member i hope you don't mind me asking 2 questions........
Firstly,can I stick plasterboard straight to the wall without bothering
with battons.

Yes, in a previous house my builder used adhesive to put one layer of
plasterboard on each side of the 70mm plaster "squares" (carreaux de
platre), for soundproofing bedrooms and bathrooms (it was a new
construction). We didn't bother with the walls between livingroom and
kitchen for example as it wouldn't serve any purpose.

If you read French the following might be helpful:
http://www.commeunpro.com/infos/cons...eaux/index.php
http://www.livios.be/fr/_build/_guid/_plei/1130.asp

Secondly,can i tile onto this plasterboard.
Many thanks

Yes of course, just make sure the plasterboard itself is water resistant
if you use it in a bathroom. Between my bedroom and my en-suite for
example I had in succession:

Bedroom | Std plasterboard | water resistant 70mm plaster "square" |
water resistant plasterboard | tiles | Bathroom

And BTW, the usual plaster cracks which you get in new homes with wood
batten walls never occurred...