Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:23:43 -0400, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

Any advice on troubleshooting this hideous monitor problem. It seems
to see double. The model is a 21" Sony/Sun 5010PT. The OSD doesn't
double like the screen which makes me think it can still be saved. I
have it in pieces and if anybody has some repair advice I would
appreciate it.

Thanks
Dave

I can't see your pic, but does your monitor have little daughter PCBs
attached to one of two large vertically mounted boards? If so, and if
the symptom is "vertical double imaging", then replace the caps on the
affected daughter board. A scope should show a train of vertical
parabolas alternating in amplitude from small to large to small to
large, etc.

- Franc Zabkar