Mark D. Zacharias

"NSM" wrote in message
news:WY8He.150578$HI.55434@edtnps84...

"JANA" wrote in message

What you experienced is a common problem. Take care that the DVD+R disks

are
not playable in many of the home entertainment type DVD players. It is
mostly the computer DVD units that can decode the +R standard. It may be
good idea of upgrading the DVD player in your computer. The +R is not a
popular standard, and is decreasing in its popularity.

I believe the reverse is true. It's -R/RW that is going out.

I have an older Pioneer DVR-A03 (IIRC) which ONLY does -R and -RW.

I have a newer DVR-109 which does them all.

I just played a +R recording done on the newer Pioneer, on an older Sony
player. No problem.

Mark Z.