Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
Well, I bet a lot of dish-washers, dryers, washing machines and
probably microwave ovens have there moulded on plugs removed when
being connected to FCU's, even though you seem to think it's a
pointless way of installing them....

So you can't use a length of copper to replace the fuse in an FCU?

And yes, I do think it totally pointless. If you want a switch elsewhere
from the socket - or a means of simply switching it off - use a 20 amp DP
type. Neater, and the plug fuse still 'protects' the wiring, and you can
simply unplug it when needed.

IMO moulded on plugs should be outlawed, anyone who defends their

design
must be blind to their dangers.

Now if you were complaining about the dangers of badly fitted plugs

in the
days when they weren't moulded on I'd have to agree with you.

You are becoming like 'Drivel', you are totally missing the point being
made. :~(

Sorry, Jerry, but your points are becoming increasingly difficult to
follow.

--
*If PROGRESS is for advancement, what does that make CONGRESS mean?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.