Unquestionably Confused

Tom Watson wrote:

If I have gotten so bored that I actually wonder when the next Dan

Brown (decent plotter - really bad writer) comes out - it is time to
rethink my book pile.

I thought that the new James Lee Burke would save me, but I consumed
it in a day, and it was a brief and angry fix.

So how was it? Waiting to finish the latest John Sandford -"prey"
series book" before picking up a copy.

I'm pretty damned tired of reading doctors and lawyers who also write.

The name escapes me at the moment but there's one author out there who
actually tells you, right in the post script to his books that if you're
thinking about writing him with ideas for a book, corrections, etc.
don't bother he doesn't read them and would ignore them if he did.

This from a guy who repeatedly discusses "putting a clip in" the
revolver and "flicking off the safety." His books were pretty good
but... screw him

Where the hell are the writers?

Sitting in the sun on some Caribbean island enjoying their profits.