Donna

"Billy" wrote in message
What is the situation with flooding in he Salt Springs areas that can be
found in the link below? Can you recommend areas that land is relatively
inexpensive and free of flooding and/or connect me with any reputable
local realtors in the Ocala area?

Billy, the flooding, according to the story in the link you posted, was from
the hurricanes last year. There really isn't any part of Florida that is
going to be hurricane/flood *proof*. Some places can generally be relied
on to be drier than others -- Ocala is pretty far inland, so flooding is
going to be rare. Then again, we weathered all of the hurricanes, at 7
feet above sea level, one block from the Bay in Tampa, and our house stayed
dry. Dry ish, anyway. You never know. Inland is a good bet that you
won't flood often, however.

If you're going to live in a hurricane zone, do what you can during the site
selection process, if you want to minimize your hurricane problems. Buy
inland, buy away from large bodies of water, get a decent generator, don't
buy a manufactured home, and then purchase good homeowners, wind and flood
insurance policies anyway.

As for realtors, why not do some online searches for available properties,
and contact one of the realtors listed on a property you want to visit in
person? They all have access to the same listings, mostly. I think you
can look up available properties on the MLS online, actually. When we
moved, that was what we did.

Best wishes,

Donna