Banty

In article , Mortimer Schnerd,
RN says...

Dan wrote:
That's why I think he should take down the portion of his own fence. Once the
neighbor pays to up a replacement, they both will have paid an equal amount
for that portion of the fence.

If the poster takes down his portion of the original fence and forces the
neighbor to replace that section, he's going to end up with the ugly side of the
replacement fence instead of what he already has. If I were the neighbor and
the poster was so chicken**** that he pulled it down, you can be sure the
replacement would be butt-ugly on one side. I'd try to make it clash in some
way. One good turn....

If I put up a fence and my next door neighbor ties his own into it, who gives a
****? That's his side of the fence. What I don't see doesn't concern me.

In New York state, if the fence is on the property line (or less than some xx
feet inside - I forget), the nice side has to be out.

Of course, it can be the nice side of a high-as-zoning-allows ugly stockade
fence, or whatever, and the O.P would have to live with it. Because, at that
point, pretty likely he isn't on speaking terms with the neighbor to come up
with something close to mutual. Or any other issue in the future for that
matter..

It would be a case of cutting off the nose to spite the face.

The original poster is being an asshole.

Yep.

Banty