Paul Andrews

"Paul Andrews" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to figure out the bonding for my garage brickwork
(straightforward stretcher bond).

The plans show a corner with the corner forming a pier. In the existing
garage it looks as though there's a half brick running up the corner of

the
wall.

The only way I can figure how to do this and maintain the bond is to use
bricks with a quarter removed and three quarter bats. So far every attempt
to produce a L-shaped brick with a quarter missing has ended up in

disaster!

Is there a trick I'm missing? this is the only way I can think to maintain
the bond - the appearance of the existing brickwork is immaculate. I just
hope they didn't cheat and run a course of half bricks up the corner. I'm
sure they didn't.

Well, on closer inspection, scraping away some of the mortar, I can see that
that's exactly what they did - ran a line of quarter bricks up through the
corner to form the pier. I guess that'll do for me too then..

Paul