:::Jerry::::

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article

ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:

snip

I doubt it. But have the sense not to try and run two 3 kW heaters

off one
extension lead, or to have extension leads that won't carry 13

amps.

If you're continually replacing fuses, as you say, then you

need to
look into the reasons for this.

No one has said anything about having to continually replace

fuses.

You give the impression it's so common to be a serious problem. But

if it

It's more common that you seem to think though, taking the nation as
a whole and not just personal experience.

was, I'd suggest changing to radial circuits would make things

worse by
having less sockets therefore more overloaded extension leads, etc.

How do you work that one out, radial circuits don't mean less outlets
at all, it's true that it could mean more circuits though. Perhaps
you are you more worried about cost than safety...

As for replacing fuses, it's the fact that they are still a user item
designed to be replaced by everyone from expert to idiot rather than
a fix unit that is reset (such as a MCB). If MCB's were fitted into
plugs and the appliance came with the correct MCB-plug that would be
one way to make the abuse of ring circuits that bit more difficult /
common. This would also allow for backwards compatibility.