John Rumm

:::Jerry:::: wrote:

Well, lets go back to bare wires and crock-clips, as even the present
regulations causes such irritation to the majority, and if they wish
to kill themselves then that's Darwinism...

Don't recall ever using vare wires and crock clips. Perhaps things are
different in your neck of the woods.

You seem to be trying to solve a problem that for the most part does not
exist. Much like Part P for example. Yes yuu can abuse fuses in plugs,
but in the grand scheme of things it does not seem to be a regular cause
of problems. People who abuse fuse ratings seem far more likely to abuse
rewireable fuses in old consumer units in my experiance.

Like others have said, I don't recall having to replace a fuse in a plug
for many years.

If you want to fix a problem, find a way to make sure that the earth
terminals on IEC (cold) plugs don't splay and hence interrupt the earth
connectivity to portable appliances. I have seen numerous power leads
fail PAT testing for this.

--
Cheers,

John.