Dave Plowman (News)

In article ws.net,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
I can only remember having to replace one or two fuses, and those were
13 amp types. Most appliances which are fused at less than 13 amp will
be things like AV equipment and have internal fuses which will blow
first anyway.

You live a sheltered life then...

I doubt it. But have the sense not to try and run two 3 kW heaters off one
extension lead, or to have extension leads that won't carry 13 amps.

If you're continually replacing fuses, as you say, then you need to
look into the reasons for this.

No one has said anything about having to continually replace fuses.

You give the impression it's so common to be a serious problem. But if it
was, I'd suggest changing to radial circuits would make things worse by
having less sockets therefore more overloaded extension leads, etc.

I'm trying hard to remember the last plug fuse I had blow - despite having
a vast number of electrical appliances. The one I do remember was on a 25"
hybrid TV - it said 500 watts but would blow a 5 amp fuse.

What appliance have you had a fuse blow on recently?

--
*Horn broken. - Watch for finger.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.