Billy

What is the situation with flooding in he Salt Springs areas that can be
found in the link below? Can you recommend areas that land is relatively
inexpensive and free of flooding and/or connect me with any reputable local
realtors in the Ocala area?

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...73215845159401

"Bishoop" wrote in message

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
m...
In article rEOGe.1443$2y2.979@trndny02, "Donna"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
I'm looking for Land in the Florida area. I was told by a friend who
bought and sold land and made double his money in Pt. St Lucie that
Ocala
was a good investment too. However, I'm looking to buy land to hold,
then
build on in the next 5 years for a vacation home. Ocala sounds like a
place I'd like to be. So, I go out to the realtor.com and new home
websites and find land for $15,000 to $40,000. What's the deal here? It
sounds too cheap to be real in today's hot market. What could the
"strings
attached" be here?

Ocala is a nice enough town, but it's not a garden spot. It's fairly
rural,
in the middle of the state. Probably you're looking at a piece of
farmland.

More likely, *swamp* land. :-)

I live about 20 miles from the downtown Ocala. Yes, the area is rural
lots of thoroughbred horse farms with some of the most beautiful grounds
you'd care to see.

Swamp land, NO.....