Billy

Yes, I plan to visit but what I'm looking for is vacation land/property away
from home, yet away from the crowd, which is what this sounds like. I did
read about flooding near a lake in Ocala, where peoples property actually
were up to their ankles in water and fish swimming in the area. It's at
ocala.com. I assume this was just a small area that sits near water.

"Donna" wrote in message

"Billy" wrote in message
Are you speculating, or sure of this?

I don't think Ocala is swampland, Billy. It's rural, mostly, although
downtown Ocala is a fairly standard small city. If you are looking for
pastureland, farmland, etc, it is a very nice place. It's also where
everyone flees to every hurricane season. Well, Ocala and Lakeland.
It's half way between Tampa and Gainesville, if I recall correctly.

Part of me hopes it doesn't get developed. There are very few places that
are this quiet left.

Why don't you go see it?

Donna