Mary Fisher

"raden" wrote in message
In message , ben
writes
Andy Hall wrote:
On 30 Jul 2005 16:08:32 -0700, wrote:

Is it true that glass coffee tables are/were a nineties thing and
they are now going out of fashion? I'm trying to do up my flat in a
contemporary style, but somebody told me it is better to have a solid
wood or laquered table rather than a glass one.

What do you think?

Cheers

I think that it's best to have what you like and what is useful rather
than being a slave to fashion.

Thas true I'm living like Sherlock Holmes(Victorian period) oh to have a
time machine.

I just have a house full of crap

We don't have any kind of coffee table. We used to havea slab of marble on
some barley twist legs Spouse rescued from some skip or another but we had
to walk round the thing, I prefer space in a room. What's more, we only
drink coffee at the dining table so it was never used for it's described
purpose :-)

Our house is furnished with - er - an eclectic mix of fashions. If a chair
keeps your bum off the floor and a table your plate from wobbling on your
knee what more can you want? people look at us, not the furniture, they eat
or drink what's on the plate, not the table.

As for 'contemporary' fashion - you should be more specific. Do you mean
contemporary with 2005 or 1485? Or something other period ...

Mary

--
geoff