dennis@home

"ben" wrote in message
. uk...
wrote:
Is it true that glass coffee tables are/were a nineties thing and they
are now going out of fashion? I'm trying to do up my flat in a
contemporary style, but somebody told me it is better to have a solid
wood or laquered table rather than a glass one.

What do you think?

I think you should buy something you like rather than something you are told
you should like.

Cheers

I think you should follow you're own instinct.
Nothing wrong with glass tables except a danger when you have young
children.

Glass, in furniture, should not be a danger.
Just make sure its toughened properly (even if you don't have kids).

If you have glass doors make sure they have stickers on them at the child's
eyeheight so they don't run into them.