John B

Juergen Hannappel wrote:
"AL" writes:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story.asp?id=78766

Very strange story. They tell that this very tree fell over eight
years ago, knoking holes into the houses roof, and now it falls down
onto someone trying to fell it? Someone put it up again after it fell
over for the first time? Not very credible.

I thought the same thing when I first read the story. But given that a
journalist wrote it (and we all know that they're not very bright)
perhaps just a limb broke of earlier. I usually take what I read in News
papers and hear reported on TV with a pinch of salt. As for the ability
of journalists, as case in point was when the bombings occurred in
England and a TV news reader asked the Minister for Railways(or similar)
I can't recall his exact title, "If the underground was safe to travel
on". **** how would he know ?? 5 minutes before the bombing he would
have said yes. 5 minutes after their might never be another bomb. This
was while there where still conflicting stories regarding the the number
of explosions. DUH.
Oh well my spleen is now empty
All the best
John