Ralph Innes

Many thanks, Franc!

This experience comes within a week of my Magnavox TV conking out. They
were both purchased at the same time - how's that for timing?

I had no horizontal sync, and quick look in the horiz. dept. revealed a
100uf 200V cap, whose vinyl sleeve had sagged to look like a Shar-Pei.

I'd hoped this would be another cake-walk. No such luck.

Something "out there" is cooking this CP-chip...

Thanks again,

- Ralph

Franc Zabkar wrote in
:

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:46:08 GMT, Ralph Innes
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Magnavox VCR VR9035AT01 with power-supply Assy. No. VEPS0198

Could you have a look at:

http://members.shaw.ca/haruspex/Magnavox.htm

Any idea what that component labeled "PR1" is?

There's +5.2V on one side of it, open on the other.

This all started as my VCR started to die.

First, some tuner problems, then the lights on dim when things should
have been bright, then nothing at all, no signs of life. Enough
problems to have me look at the power supply first, but I can't fugure
out what this component is.

Any insight would be appreciated.

- Ralph

It looks like a "circuit protector chip", probably 1.5A:

See http://wagner.net.au/Catalogue/02_21.pdf

- Franc Zabkar