N Cook

"Mistress" wrote in message
. ..
I was just inside my dropped-once-too-often Beckman 310 meter. The
display assembly is in pieces; it's a goner.

But I am curious. Between the display proc and the LCD are two strips of
flexible rubber that apparently are connections of some type. Can anyone
explain further?

I don't know what they're called but presumably an inspired idea by someone
with no recognised credit.
Sandwich of fine conductive fingers and flexible medium.
Conductors perhaps 3 or 5 times thinner than the glass conductive traces or
pcb lands. So can take up a
lot of out of parallel movement, and misregistration as only one finger per
contact needs to make any contact
and mechanically isolates the glass from the pcb - Billiant!

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England