Greetings,

As I understand it there are four sensors. They should just fly the
shuttle with three working until they can fix the fourth (which they
should work very hard on.) The space shuttle is entirely safe if we
keep finding reasons never to fly. We will get more missions out of
the space shuttles before retirement if we take additional risks and
fly more missions than if we are so careful not to let one blow up that
we fly very very few missions. More spineless American syndrome if you
ask me. America is trying very hard to throw away the edge we have in
space technology (a very important field long term).

Just my 2 cents,
William