Phisherman

The turbines provide excellent ventilation, although they will need
periodic maintenance. Check for open soffit vents and clear out
insect nests, insulation, debris, etc.

Calculate your attic floor space and multiply by 0.4%. The result
should be the minimum total ventilation area (intake plus out). With
triple-digit summer temperatures, I'd increase the percent to 1%.

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:56:09 -0500, "stevie" wrote:

My attic gets very hot, even with 3 turbines. Although it is very hot
outside (temp about 99-102), an AC service man recently said that my attic
is still hot considering that all 3 turbines are working properly.

The house is mostly brick and I have vinyl siding over the wood (veneer?).

I'm wondering if the siding is preventing the attic from getting proper
outside air flow. The original outside vents were removed and covered when
siding was installed; the siding does have some venting holes.

How can you tell if the attic is getting proper ventilation??