Andy Hall

Default Flues cross my boundary - whar are the regs

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:33:15 +0100, "G&M" wrote:

"Kev Parkin" wrote in message
om...
(Apologies if this double posts - tried once and google crashed)!

I have just got back from a long weekend away to find that my
neighbour has installed a cooker hood flue (at eye level) and a boiler
flue (at first floor level) through the external wall of his house
that bounds my property.

Phone and ask your local building control officer why he approved it. He
will of course be right round as I expect he hasn't heard about it.

He wouldn't have had to approve it if the installation was done by a
CORGI fitter since CORGI has an approved self-certification scheme
which exempts the need to inform Building Control.

If the neighbour DIYed it, then he should have submitted a building
notice.

If A.N. Other did it for money, then that is illegal and CORGI could
have an interest. However, how the OP would find out is another
thing, and whether CORGI would then be interested or have any powers
to act is another matter.

It's still worth a BCO discussion on the boundary issue at least.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl