:::Jerry::::

"Owain" wrote in message
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
"Owain" wrote
Anyway, it only takes a moment to move a wire from a 16A socket

MCB
to the 45A shower MCB in the CU.

Yes, and I can really see a 80 year old 'Granny Mabble' doing

that,
her replacing a 3A fuse with a 13A one is almost a certain bet at
somewhere....

So? Most appliances will cope with a 13A plug fuse - they have to,

cope with 16A or 20A radial circuits.

So, what you are saying is, plug fuses are irrelevant...

You still seem obsessed with plug fuses. Unlike most radial socket
systems, which evolved from a hodge-podge of accessory designs, the
British ring circuit with fused plugs was *designed* from the

outset to
be a coherent and well-engineered system.

As would any new system would, the 'hodge-podge' (as you call it) was
caused buy different manufactures producing what they though was the
'perfect' design of socket / plug or what ever and a miss-matched
collection of regulations / distribution voltages etc.

You are repeatedly failing to understand that I'm NOT suggestion a
return to pre 1950's but a modern standard that removes the ability
for the user to make stupid mistakes.