John

"peter attwood" wrote in message
. ..
In my new house, there doesn'ts appear to be any way to turn of the hot
water from the hot water cylinder, to allow me to work on some pipework.
Can
I just turn off cold water feed to hot water cylinder and let it drain, if
what is the best way to fill it back up so i don't get any airlocks, as
most
taps with mains pressure seem to have mixer taps, so no way to back feed,
or
is there any simplier ways to solve problem. thanks for any suggestions

If you mean the copper immersion tank. which I think you do. Just turn off
the feed into it that you can see. Water works on gravity, no feed in = no
flow out. Try it you'll be pleasantly suprised, the tank will not empty!!

HTH

John