DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Dennis van Dam wrote:
wrote:

I would not touch a 3 wheeler like this. The problem is alignment - it
is a bitch.

Now_there's_a parameter that had not occured to me at all! Now that you
bring it to my attention, I can see what a pecker it would be if one idler
wheel was trying to track the blade the outside and the next was trying to
track it to the inside. Or even if both idlers where tracking the blade
to run off the edge(s) the same way figuring which idler to adust is going
to be more trial and error than typical.

Checking the downloaded PDF manual for this saw I'm noticing only one of
the idler wheels (lower aft) has tracking adjustment. The other (top)
idler never gets out of adjustment? I can see how this might be a
problem.

If the wheels are crowned (with rubber tires), this is not
normally a problem two-wheeled or three wheeled.

[ ... ]

The band saw was available on a "Buy it Now" only eBay auction for $75.
It needs a $24 drive belt and it was going to be a 3 hour trip one way to
pick it up so I was already waffling. I think I'll give it a miss.

Hmm ... that sounds like a nice price -- depending on the
construction.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |