Greetings,

It looks like the cheapest method might be through the kitchen. Hire a
big dude with a shovel to dig down to the break starting under the
cabinets. You might get lucky or be able to hollow out the hole under
the floor enough to access the broken pipe.

This is a 4'8" deep hole my guy dug for me with a spoon. I hold him
in highest regard. Imagine what a plumber would have charged and how
much more sidewalk he would have destroyed.

http://www.universityofsavanna.com/f...ain/index.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/ccmtn

Once you can work on the pipe have plumbers over for the estimate. I
bet the work is $1000 or less. Have the same man who dug the hole fill
it in MAKEING SURE HE COMPACTS the dirt as he goes. Pour a few bags of
concrete under the cabinets and you are done.

Hope this helps,
William

PS: I was serious about my offer.

miamicuse wrote:
Do you have any suggestions as to the merit of either approach? They told
me the reason for the $7500 is due to the expensive equipment and they have
to factor in complications (like what if they run into a big coral rock when
they are tunneling etc...yeah right so they probably added the cost of coral
rock removal into the standard minimum contract LOL) regardless I need to
determine an approach then see if I can get reasonable prices. Regular
plumbers just don't have the equipment they have.

MC

" wrote in message
oups.com...
Greetings,

This kind of crap ****es me off.

You are the home owner? If so you might be able to pull the permit
yourself. Then send me an e-mail and I can come down and "help" you do
it for $2500.00 (I have previously done work on my own lines). "We"
can even fill it back in with sand-cement. How will you feel when a
couple of guys work for not even a full day, two days tops, and you
hand them the $7500?

Good luck,
William

PS: I am sure some people will be infuriated by this e-mail. Believe
it or not plumbing is within the grasp of the mere mortal.