Pete C

On 29 Jul 2005 03:51:54 -0700, wrote:

What a job this is, another late one lastnight but nearly there.

I have already soldered the piping together that will fit into the
reducer on the bottom of the tails and connected them to the supply
with an isolating valve . All that remains now is to do the final
solder into the tails which looks very tricky. I have ordered some new
tails (x2) from Hudson Reed just in case.

I will try the LSX and keep my fingers crossed.

Is it OK to solder and unsolder a joint to be soldered back together
later?

I don't see why not, the old solder might stop it being pushed back
together in which case heating the bits and wiping the solder off with
a cotton rag would sort that.

Worth having some solder on hand to add to the joint if need be.

I had to undo the solder joint into the tails as I soon discovered I
could not tighten the tails up with a great big pipe attached to it!!!

Oops!

I dont think I want anymore ideas

LOL!

cheers,