Andy

There might be poor mechanical (or badly soldered) inside possibly where
the battery connections attach to the printed circuit board. The best way to
check is to spring open the plastic case carefully with a small dinner knife
( fewer sharp edges than stanley knife) and check inside. This has to be
done very carefully with the minimum amount of pressure ,or the plastic tabs
will break off. I would use an ink rubber (slightly abrasive) to clean the
contacts ,and battery ends rather than cotton buds

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
Sony remote for a Wega TV will not work unless I open the
lid and twist the battery a couple of times. I also clean the
battery and remote contact surfaces with a q-tip and nail
polish without much reliability. What are some ways that
I can do to improve its reliability?

Thanks