JANA

It sounds like there is a cold solder connection in the remote, or there is
a crack in the circuit board, thus making a trace opened. It is also
possible that a component inside is mechanically damaged.

You can open the remote, and see if there is anything you can find. Pay
particular attention to the soldering of the battery contacts. In some
remotes, the contacts are mechanically sitting on the board, and are not
soldered. In this case, the surfaces must be clean.

The remote you have was not intended to be serviceable. You will have to
make sure you remove all the screws to open it. There may be one hidden
under the label. Along the seam where the case-shells fit together, there
are some interlocking taps. You will have to use a fine tool to release
these carefully without damaging the case.

If the remote is not repairable, you can order one from Sony parts. A
universal one will not do all the menu functions for your Sony set.

--

JANA
_____

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
Sony remote for a Wega TV will not work unless I open the
lid and twist the battery a couple of times. I also clean the
battery and remote contact surfaces with a q-tip and nail
polish without much reliability. What are some ways that
I can do to improve its reliability?

Thanks