Larry Jaques

On 28 Jul 2005 13:15:54 -0700, the opaque "rickluce"
clearly wrote:

I have Marple chisels also. The face of the 1 1/2 " had a low spot so
deep that it took over 3 hours on a diamond stone to take out. But on

You should have dropped by HF and gotten a $10 set of their really
coarse diamond plates for that task, Rick. Save the DMT 600 grit for
the finishing, then 1000/1200 WOD paper, and finalize with a strop.

the other hand that was 3 hours spent learning how to sharpen on
relatively cheap chisels. In retrospect it was time well spent. Just
plan on purchasing/learning a good sharpening system.

Right, any time spent learning to hone your skills (groan) is time
well spent.

--

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things
over and over and over again for the truth to sink in,

G.W. Bush
Greece, N.Y., May 24, 2005