Chris Bacon

Mike wrote:
If I may ask, when applying the sealant, what is the best way to smooth the
sealant? I've been told a finger will do, but I always find this messy and
doesn't give a very good finish. Is there a tool or something that I could
use instead, and where would I get such a tool? Or is there some technique
to using a finger?

Use masking tape - run it along where you want the seal to
finish, both sides. Gun in sealant. Use a tool such as a
piece of softish plastic tube, sized to rest on the inner
edges of the masking tape, and run it along the tape to
produce a good finish. Don't use much too much sealant, or
you may get blobs forming on the tool which mar the finish.
Pull the tape off before the sealant skins, slightly away
from the finished surface. Do not touch the sealant until
it has set!