Jack

Default furniture "cups" to protect pseaudo hardwood floors.

Just installed floating type fake hardwood flooring in my front room
(harmonic (or something like that) from Costco.

What is the best way to protect floor from sofa/table legs. My
furniture will be moved som, due to heavy use in the room... however I
don't want the couch "sliding" when a kid jumps onto it (I know, I
know, I can hear all you pius ones out there, I should discipline my
kid to not jump onto the couch, but head on over to
"alt.family.iknowhowtoparentbetterthanyou" group for posting those
comments please)

What I have seen:

"teflon-like buttons" they seem to be great, I use them on a stool in
the basement, but that is on cement. It seems a piece of sand of small
rock could get caught in them and scratch the floor pretty good if you
were moving them around.

Rubber type cups.. interested to hear of others experiences, it would
be tough to move, but only acceptable if they didn't degrade over time
and end up sticking to the floor or discoloring it.

Hard plastic cups - same as teflon sliders, I suspect they would
scratch pretty good if a piece of grit were caught between it and the
floor.

Felt Discs these seem to be pretty good options, but the couch would
slide a bit.

What are your experiences with any of these, is there something else I
should be considering?