Default How can we "stay a bit cooler" with a dehumidifier? :-)

Anyone else notice the ad for dehumidifiers on Bob Vila's web site,
which says "Stay a bit cooler with a dehumidifier"?

If it's 75 F and 80% RH indoors and outdoors, 11.8% of people would find
that "too warm," according to the ASHRAE 55-2004 comfort standard.

Dehumidifiers add about 1600 Btu/pint. An average house with 400 Btu/h-F
of conductance and 200 cfm of air leakage would be 79 F with 65% RH with
a dehum removing 1 lb/h of water, and 27.3% would find that "too warm."

OTOH, an AC using the same electricity and removing 1500 Btu/h of heat
and 1.5 lb/h of water would leave the house 71.3 F and 82% RH indoors,
and only 5.1% would find that "too warm." (We can't please everyone--
about 5% of the population will always be dissatisfied.)

Clicking on "How to contact Bob Vila" brings a message saying you can't :-)

Nick