Speedy Jim

Ken wrote:
We have a single handle Moen kitchen faucet with a sprayer hose on the
side of the faucet. Since we bought the house used, I have no
paperwork about the faucet giving model etc.

The diverter valve inside the faucet seems to be sticky and does not
work properly when the sprayer hose is turned on unless we turn the
sprayer on and off several times quickly.

Are there any servicable parts inside the faucet or would just taking
it apart and cleaning help?

I am a novice at such things and don't want to take it apart if it
won't solve the problem.

You'll probably have to replace the diverter valve.
Moen used a couple of different valves, so you could wind up
taking the thing apart and then have to take the old one
to parts house.

See if you can identify the model from:
http://www.moen.com/index.cfm

Jim