PC Paul wrote:

I wish they would introduce a small, low power (2A?) plug/socket so my PC
setup (currently using 9 13A sockets) could be done with a lot less space...

I designed one thats compatible with existing 13A sockets, and sockets
that will take either 2x 3 pin plugs or 6x 2 pinners. Wouldnt have the
first idea what to do with it though.

This is the one thing I liked about the old French round pin system,
very compact. Plus you could use the adaptors christmas tree style,
with 10-20 plugs in one mains socket.

IECs arent a good solution imho, since theyre incompatible, making your
appliances not pluginnable wherever you want. Imho its the very
opposite of a move forward. The most fundamental point of plugs and
sockets is that you can plug the things in. With IECs you routinely
cant. Unless of coruse you install them everywhere.

NT