David

gregj wrote:
Thinking of buying a new set of chisels. Any words of wisdom about
brands, ebay etc.? These are for general woodworking, not carving or
building a barn.

But speaking of ebay, I am totally converted to buying older Stanley
planes on ebay. The ones I have so far have needed less work to get
into good shape than the junk I have purchase retail, not being able to
spend $300 on a top of the line new plane.

Thanks.

Veritas planes are not $300. I'd be shocked if you thought they were
anything less than "top of the line". The most expensive one is $250.
Mostly they are in the $150-$200 range.

Dave