IMM

Default Cylinder v thermal store

"Chris Harris" wrote in message

Given your logistics situation, I think I would check with local
suppliers and see where they source products and then stick with major
manufacturers for supply.

The other thing that I would do is to identify the significant sea
freight firms with an operation at your end and work backwards to find
a good one in terms of packing and freighting. Is there somebody
that your company uses for example?

I am doing something quite similar at the moment with a dust extractor
that I am having shipped from the U.S. by sea and it was certainly
better to work backwards....

I have the freight under control. I Will be in the UK for a

holiday/shopping
trip for the new(old) house renovation job and will be shipping a lot of
stuff. I will get it consolodated and shipped as one lot. If I think I

have
enough I will buy an old end of life container and ship the lot in that

and
have an onsite store to boot.

I will be buying some stuff locally, showstoppers, like the boiler, and
probably will get a local firm to import the cylinder/heatbank/whatever

for
me. Then it's their problem to replace it in case of damage during
shipping. Well in the case of a standard cylinder, vented or not, it's an
off the shelf product anyway.

Now do you know any other firms, doing a similar service to DPS, so that I
can at least get comparative quotes?

Albion and Range are big boys making mainly standard products, but will
custom build to suit (at a price). DPS are smallish but leading edge in
technology having a few patents about. All use standard of-the-shelf
components.

http://www.abion-online.co.uk
http://www.range-cylinder.co.uk (go to thermal storage)

What you "need" is an "integrated" heat bank with: vented, with integrated
feed and expansion tank, and all electrics wired in, with electric backup
(DP and Range do these), Albion only do thermal stores. Heat banks are now
virtually the norm.

http://www,glendhill.net, Do heat banks and make excellent stuff. Not cheap,
but will deal with a self builder, but they mainly deal with large customers
such as large house developers. Some of their components are dedicated to
their products.

Sizing up an integrated heat banks is different to sizing a DHW only model.
One being larger.

Note: a vented heat bank can be on the same level as your highest rads.

---