Martin Angove

In message ,
John Rumm wrote:

Martin Angove wrote:

Ok, I was being a bit obtuse. Try

Ah, ok see what you mean... ;-)

http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/ae/2381/

I put these up in 2003 when I took my 2381.

Some questions about your questions:

Have you get the answer sheet for the tail last few questions that are
missing answers? (I want to check my score! ;-)

Errr... yes, I do have the answers knocking about somewhere. I'll try to
post them later.

What exam conditions are these taken in (i.e. open book / closed book /
with data sheet handouts etc?)

It's explained on the index page. Basically, open book (BS7671 & OSG)
calculator allowed (though you shouldn't need one). Note that my exam
was taken during the last issue of BS7671 (blue book) and therefore page
references may be different, and I suspect that there have been some new
questions added to do with harmonised colours etc.

How many other papers are there? And what form do they take?

The paper I copied those questions from was handed out by our lecturer
as practice. It wasn't in exactly the same format as the "real thing" so
had obviously been laid-out by him (or his secretary), but some of the
questions were so close to the ones on the actual paper that he must
have copied them down. In the exam, answers were marked on a separate
machine-readable sheet and the question papers were collected in at the
end and counted. We had three or four practice papers, but I don't have
the time any more to put that sort of thing on the website.

I guess that they re-use questions and given that there are probably
at least two opportunities per year to take this exam, and 60 questions
needed per paper, the last thing they want is six or seven "real" papers
"in the wild" as they'll likely as not contain all possible questions!

What is the required pass mark? (I take it there is just a pass/fail
result and not some sort of grading...)

Can't remember off hand. It was more than 50% FWIR, 65%? 70%?

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... The current death rate? One per person, of course.