:::Jerry::::

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

snip

In domestic premises, the actual load can only be guessed at, and

rings
are ideal for the myriad of low current appliances found in the

average
house today. With the proviso of a separate ring or indeed rings

where
heavy fixed loads are likely to be like the kitchen and utility

room.

Or any part of the house were large electrical fires are, or might,
be used - in one of our past houses we had 3 rings (one on each
floor), the kitchen was on a separate supply, such was the size of
each room if the CH failed and electric heating had to be used each
room would have needed a 3Kw fire and with four or more rooms on each
of the two lower floors...